COVID-19 and the Holy Trinity Community: Important Updates & Informations
Mar 13, 2020
Dear Holy Trinity Family and Friends,
The health and best interests of our parishioners are always front and center in our minds. As the Church, the Body of Christ, we are dedicated to developing and improving spiritual health. However, the Holy Trinity Armenian Church takes the physical health of our Parishioners – and the health of all friends, visitors, staff, and volunteers – very seriously. Therefore, we are writing in response to the current situation with COVID-19 (coronavirus).
As details of this unprecedented situation continue to unfold, we are communicating to share some measures Holy Trinity is taking to protect the health and wellbeing of our parishioners and community.
Last week, our Diocesan Primate, Bishop Daniel Findikyan, issued a directive (which can be read in full here ) concerning precautions all parishes have been asked to take to help keep our faithful safe and healthy. Holy Trinity continues to monitor the guidance given by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and we will proactively communicate and update you with new developments as we learn more.
Steps We Are Taking:
· Sunday School and Armenian School will be closed until further notice in order to completely disinfect and sanitize our classrooms and gathering spaces. We will continue to take all precautionary measures as instructed by the Department of Health and keep parents informed as we determine the plan for coming weeks
· On Saturday the Sanctuary will be completely disinfected and all Bibles and Divine Liturgy books will be removed from pews and sanitized
· After every service, all pews and liturgical objects and surfaces will be thoroughly cleaned.
· Coffee hour/fellowship will not take place the remainder of the month in order to promote and support social distance practices
· Hand sanitizer will be available in the church entry and we ask that you use it upon entering and exiting
· In lieu of passing the collection plate, please place your offering in the plate at the Church entrance upon your departure
· The following events have been cancelled or postponed:
· Mid-Lenten Luncheon (March 15th – cancelled)
· Joint Couples Seminar at St. Stephens (March 13th - cancelled)
· ACYOA Juniors Lenten Retreat (March 21-22nd - cancelled)
· The Spring Concert Series (March 29th/ April 19th – cancelled)
· Faith Building Women 2020 Symposium (March 28th – postponed to Fall 2020)
· We encourage our faithful to attend church services, but leave attendance to their discretion. Those feeling sick, experiencing a fever or flu like symptoms should not attend church
· Wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitizers before entering the church or any buildings, and when departing
· Refrain from touching your face, and from physical greetings, including shaking hands, hugging, embracing one another, or any direct contact, and keep a safe distance when having conversations
· Because we are in the period of Great Lent, the Kiss of Peace is not passed, Holy Communion is not offered, and we do not approach to kiss the Holy Gospel. We will address each of these at the end of Lent
· Although Bibles and Divine Liturgy books will be removed from pews, you may request one from a Parish Council member. When done, please return to the Parish Council member for cleaning
· As always, the well-being and health of our parishioners remains paramount in our activities and events at Holy Trinity. We are praying for the good health of all and for a rapid end to this unprecedented crisis.
· We leave you with the ageless Words of our Lord Jesus Christ, “Be Not Afraid”. May these Words shield our faithful and help us all through the months ahead. May God heal those afflicted, and protect the homes of all.
Please reach out with any questions or concerns, or if we can be of assistance to you or your family in any way during this time.
If you know of anyone who lives alone and could use extra support, please inform us here at the Church office.
Holy Trinity Armenian Church